Monday, April 27, 2009

How do I make my frangipani flower ?

I have two frangipani plants in pots which I moved from Brisbane to Sydney in July last year. They had no leaves at the time. They burst into leaves before Christmas but didn't flower. Is there something I need to do to get them to flower next season ?

How do I make my frangipani flower ?
Hi


Im from Sydney Northern Beaches and there are 2 very good nurseys here that will be able to help you out if you happen to live up this way. One is in Terry Hills and the other is in Warriwood.





Flower Power


22 MacPherson St,


WARRIEWOOD


(02) 9997 8244





TERREY HILLS


277 Mona Vale Rd,


TERREY HILLS


(02) 9486 3222





For now to take care of your Frangipani that in a pot is to water it deeply, but infrequently, let soil dry out somewhat before watering again.


Begin to reduce the frequency of watering in mid April, as the cool season approaches.


Stop watering after all the leaves have fallen and the plant has gone dormant. Resume watering in the spring as new growth begins.


Frangipani should be fed with a high nitrogen fertilizer beginning in spring when growth begins.


To encourage the most blooms a switch to a high phosphorous fertilizer in early November and fertilize every 2 to 3 weeks through the end of Febuary.
Reply:I too have a couple of Frangipani in pots that haven't blossomed since I took the cutting two years ago. Mine are just single stems and I read somewhere not so long ago that Frangipani will not bloom until they branch out and the article said not to cut them. Can't remember where I read this but it was whilst searching the internet for a solution to mine not flowering.


No comments:

Post a Comment