Monday, April 27, 2009

What ear does the Frangipani flower go behind to signify single?

I've been reading this book Frangipani by Celestine Vaite and in it somewhere she mentioned that in Tahiti you would wear the frangipani flower behind one ear to signify you're taken and the other to say you're looking/single. But I can't remember which ear was which. I've been Googling it for a while and I get mixed reports of what ear means what. The general consensus has been that right means you're single, but I wanted to be sure.





(Australia/New Zealand was the closest area available to the French Polynesian islands, that's why this question is here.)

What ear does the Frangipani flower go behind to signify single?
definetly right





it is also a prevelant custom in the torres straits, fiji, somoa not to mention all of polynesia..
Reply:The left is taken right is available.


No comments:

Post a Comment