Friday, November 13, 2009

I am looking for a flower my mother calls frangipani. She says it has sm orange flowers and sm leaves. Ideas?

It is also known to nursery people as Plumeria. It is a tropical that has been cultivated into a wide variety of colors and is quite common here in Florida. It loses its' leaves in the winter for a short period. It can be shipped as dried canes and is relatively easy to grow here. The International Plumeria Society is at www. plumeria.org

I am looking for a flower my mother calls frangipani. She says it has sm orange flowers and sm leaves. Ideas?
Latoya is correct in that the plant is native to Hawaii. Depending on where you live, you might find it at a local nursery. Try calling around.


Hope this helps.
Reply:This is a flower grown in Hawaii. The leis are made of this. I live in Florida and someone gave me some of the stalks to grow. They didn't make it - maybe because of me.





Try searching for a plant store in Hawaii and calling them. You could also find plant exchange groups.


No comments:

Post a Comment